Ethical Business Policy
"Good environmental and business practice is at the very heart of how we run our business".- Drew
Obsessive Climbing Designs (OCD) recognises the importance of operating in accordance with a set of core values in the way that we carry out our business with customers, suppliers, competitors and the local community (this also involves being nice to the ladies in the Post Office).
- Apply high ethical standards in our relationships with customers, suppliers, competitors and the local community at all times;
- Maintain and protect the confidentiality of information provided by customers and suppliers, as if it were our own information;
- Ensure that all advertising, marketing and promotional documentation issued avoids false statements, concealment and exaggeration;
- Maintain a fair and neutral business relationship with competitors;
- Not malign the competition through misrepresentation, false statements or inuendo;
- Ensure that fair working practices are employed with regard to suppliers and that payments are made promptly;
- Comply with all relevant UK laws and regulations.
Ethical Environmental Policy
OCD recognises that there are important environmental issues associated with the manufacture, distribution and retailing of climbing products.
- Take the OCD company vehicle (the Silver Dream Racer with basket on the handlebars) to the Post Office for deliveries whenever possible.
- Provide a safe and healthy working environment.
- Use resources efficiently and minimising their consumption by, where practicable, use materials that are renewable, recycled or reusable.
- Prevent pollution.
- Minimise waste generated by our business, promoting recycling and to reuse materials where applicable.
- Work with our suppliers to improve the environmental performance of the entire supply chain.
- Give special regard to environmental considerations in design, site and management of our workshop.
To support these aims OCD will endeavour to:
- Make this statement available to the public;
- Review and update this policy regularly.
Please direct any queries relating to our ethical policy to Drew Haigh